Delhi University (DU) takes pride in being one of the largest universities in India. It got set up in 1922. Over the years, it has established itself as a leading teaching and learning center in the country. The university conducts the Joint Aptitude Test (JAT) every year for candidates who want to get admission to several graduate-level courses.
This includes a Bachelor’s in Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor’s in Business Economics, and Bachelor’s in Management Studies (BMS). This article serves as a comprehensive guide for students who are preparing for the DU JAT Exam.
DU JAT Exam Pattern
DU JAT exam will take in the following pattern:
- Total Sections: 4 (General English, Logical Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.)
- Total Questions: 100
- Questions asked in each section: 25
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Medium: English
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer is awarded three marks. One mark is deducted for the wrong answer.
DU JAT Exam Details
So, let us now learn about the details of the DU JAT exam, eligibility criteria, subjects, and more.
- Candidates should have successfully passed the senior secondary exam from a recognized board.
- Students who are in their final year can even apply for this exam.
- It is necessary for candidates to secure 60% in 10+2 or equivalent.
- Candidates who belong to a reserved category will get relaxation in eligibility criteria. They need to show their category certificate when coming for the admission process.
Category Minimum marks For Qualifying DU JAT
- SC 55%
- OBC 54%
- ST 55%
- PWD 55%
DU JAT Exam Syllabus
Now let us see what the Du Jat syllabus is and what all subjects a candidate has to study for the DU JAT exam.
1. Quantitative Aptitude
- Number system,
- profit and loss,
- ratio and proportion
- integration and differentiation,
- mixture and allegations,
- graphs and pie chart,
- pipes and cisterns,
- linear quadratic equations,
- roots, and
2. Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Verbal analogy,
- word sequence terms
- number series,
- distance diagram,
- time sequence,
- missing characters, and
- verbal reasoning
3. General English
- identification of grammatical errors,
- fill in the blanks,
- word formulation,
- antonyms, and synonyms,
- one-word substitution,
- deductive reasoning,
- idioms and phrases, and
- pairing of words
4. General Awareness
- Current Affairs of global and national interests,
- General History,
- art and music,
- sports and movies,
- government and politics,
- popular dates and days,
- books, authors, literature, science and technology, and media
How Can Mock Exams Help You Succeed In The Exam Preparation?
Every year thousands of aspirants appear in the DU JAT examination to compete for a limited number of seats. As an estimate, only one out of 22 candidates qualify the test. This shows how intense competition is. This requires that a candidate has to be thoroughly prepared before he/she sits for the exam.
It is very important to take the Du Jat mock test with answers before you appear for the examination. The test gives an actual feel of the examination. Successfully solving and passing the mock tests within the specified time duration instills confidence in the candidate. The test helps you prepare a strategy to attempt questions.
Some candidates may like to attempt easy questions first, then the difficult ones. In this way, you will get time to devote to difficult problems or skip them if you don’t have time. You will not have the regrets of not attempting the easy ones and giving the marks right away.
The more you practice these tests, the more you will become skilled and proficient. Several websites provide a wide collection of sample question papers, online test series, and mock tests to help students overcome their possibilities of failure and accomplish success.
These practice tests are designed after undertaking a comprehensive study of the Du JAT syllabus, examination pattern, several books, and a lot of other mock tests. In this way, it helps one acquaint with different kinds of questions and concepts that are appropriate to DU JAT. The elaborate description of questions helps a student get a clear understanding of the fundamentals.
There are section-wise questions on various DU JAT subjects such as General English, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. This test gives you a better knowledge of where you stand among your peers.